Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Chicken hell.

There was chaos in the chicken world this morning.  Daisy and Donald (the ducks belonging to the neighbors) spent the night in the milk house which is the chickens’ bedroom of choice. Apparently the chickens didn’t notice until they woke up.  I was outside when it all went down………there was a flurry of chickens bolting out of the milk house, squawking and carrying-on.  Then Daisy and Donald slowly waddled out and plopped themselves about 10 feet away from the door.  It only got worse from there ----- the confusion because of the ducks lead to the chickens running into the basement to eat the catfood which really pissed off the cats.  The cats then were following me and meowing (as if I could do anything).  I finally had to chase the chickens out of the basement, away from the cat food and back to the milk house (sneaking past the ducks) with a can of chicken feed.  Everyone seemed happy – until I left for work and noticed two little white duck tails sticking out of the milk house and the chickens all standing outside again.  With this kind of drama, I’m glad to be at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment